Happy Valentines Day my beautiful readers! This day is especially wonderful in my house as it’s my husbands birthday! It’s a milestone birthday (but we won’t walk about that for now!)
I am so happy to share this perfect Valentines Day Wedding Anniversary Shoot with you today. The team behind this shoot is simply fabulous! Here is more from the team about the shoot:
“We wanted to create a shoot that celebrates love in a simple and intimate way. Jessica Imrie Photography enlisted the help of Confetti & Co, and together we transformed a yoga studio into a valentines day inspired space. We drew inspiration from the classic Valentines palette, with a boho vibe and fresh florals as we also head towards spring. We chose a real couple who is celebrating their anniversary this Spring and hung out with them as they cuddled, read love notes to each other and shared their love story with us.”
Could this get any more perfect? Not really!
It’s not everyday that a celebrity meet and greet turns into a weddin proposal. Last Friday couple Austin McMillan, and her boyfriend, Nick Janevski were in Las Vegas to meet Celine Dion befor her show.
McMillian tells ET that after the first photo was taken with the 48-year-old singer, Janevski “got down on one knee” and popped the question.
Austin posted on Instagram: “There are no words to describe this moment!” McMillian added in another photo caption. “What I thought was just going to be a special night seeing my favorite performer, turned out to be a night filled with so much happiness, surprise and celebration.”
What a great memory and hopefully Celine can attend the wedding (she did invite herself!)
What Type of Engagement Ring to Buy
You’re all ready to pop the question but you’re wondering which type of engagement ring to buy? Don’t despair! The love of your life has probably dropped some hints here and there. So, if you’ve been paying close enough attention, you can trust yourself to make the right decision based on her personality and style.
Choice of precious metals
Engagement rings are available in a variety of precious metals. They could be made of platinum, which is considered a noble metal because it is remarkably resistant to corrosion. Engagement rings can also be made of silver. When it comes to gold, you can choose from yellow, rose, or white gold, or a combination of two tones of gold. 18 carat gold contains 75% gold, with the other 25% consisting of more durable metal alloys to add color and strength. White gold is created with white metal alloys and rose gold is created with the addition of copper. 18 carat yellow gold is highly regarded for its radiance and its warmer and brighter tone than 14 carat or 9 carat gold.
Once you’ve settled on the precious metal of the ring, it’s time to make it shine with a sparkling diamond. A round cut diamond is always a popular choice because it has the most brilliance of all the shapes and is a timeless style. Other elegant and timeless diamond cuts include cushion, princess, oval, and emerald. A solitaire diamond engagement ring is a classic choice, but you can increase the ring’s impact by surrounding the central stone with a diamond halo or by choosing a diamond band. Canadian couples have the advantage of being able to opt for conflict-free Canadian diamonds that are extracted using to ethical environmental practices and equitable working conditions.
4C’s of a diamond
What are the 4C’s of a diamond? Good question! They are cut, color, clarity, and carat, but the most important is cut. Cut does not refer to the shape of a diamond, but to its finishing, dimensions, reflection of light, polishing, and symmetry. A diamond cut with just the right proportions will be more luminous than a poorly cut diamond. Even if a diamond has good color and clarity (2 of the 3 other C’s), a poor cut will diminish its brilliance. Look for a diamond with excellent or very good cut.
The most prized diamond color is transparent. As for clarity, it measures the grade of purity of a diamond. All diamonds have some impurities in them, but the most valuable have the least. Carat refers to a diamond’s weight and, because large diamonds are quite rare, the bigger the diamond, the greater the value.
If you want to surprise her, but aren’t sure of her ring size, carefully and surreptitiously borrow one of her rings so you can bring it to the jewellery store when you’re shopping for the engagement ring.
What about the wedding rings?
No need to worry about the wedding rings for now. It’s best to go back to the jeweller about 3 months before the wedding date to choose your wedding bands. This time, you will absolutely be shopping together!
Photograhy by Acorn Production Wedding Photography