One of the most important aspects of the wedding day, and the 1 thing that is often overlooked, is what to pack in your wedding purse. A lot of brides ask that question as they don’t want to bring too much or too little. It’s certainly a personal choice when it comes to what exactly, so we created a list of wedding purse essentials.
We will take you through every aspect of this survival kit to explain why it’s important to bring these items and what do use it for.
Wedding Purse Essentials
- Makeup – your wedding day is long. From 7am until 2am, it’s non-stop. Although your makeup will still look great, it could always use a touch up especially a lipstick touch up. Be sure to bring a lipstick with you. My tip, coordinate with your makeup artist during the makeup consultation and buy the lipstick she plans to use on you so you have the perfect shade all day long. (This could also apply for blush or bronzer).
- Your Phone – It’s important to have “just in case” and now with a camera integrated in most phones, you can take some shots during the day while you’re getting ready, on the ride over, get your view of your day. Just remember to keep it off during the ceremony. (and don’t take call during your reception/photo session… actually just don’t pick it up unless it’s an emergency)
- Breath Mints (NOT gum) – another great thing to have is breath mints. I like the listerine pocket packs because they dissolve in 10 seconds and they last a long time.
- Energy bar – unlike your guests, you may or may not have a chance to stop for a snack between the ceremony and the dinner reception. You need something that will keep you going, keep you full and won’t mess up your dress. I love Cliff Bars, especially ones that have no colours in them that could be a disaster.
- Pain killers – let’s face it, the chances of you getting a head ache the day of your wedding is high. It’s better to be safe then sorry.
- Band aids – those new shoes are most likely starting to dig into your feet. Get clear band aids that can easily cover soon to be blisters or other unwelcome marks on your feet.
- Kleenex – this one is very obvious. You may shed a tear, and you may get emotional. It’s nice to have something to wipe your tears away.
That’s our list of essential items to bring with you on your wedding. Did we miss any? What are your essentials?