Hair is such a vital part of the process and we find more and more people are interested in how to change or add to their looks with extensions at the same time they becoming more mainstream, whereas they weren’t spoken of much in the past. Together with Melissa of Doll Bar, we will bring you some tips when it comes to altering your look with gorgeous high end hair extensions.
It’s all about wedding hair extensions
- Make sure you visit your extension stylist before getting your wedding day hair cut. This helps to ensure you’ll be given theappropriate customized cut to best match the extensions and allow them to seamlessly blend in with your natural hair. This is one of the most important tips; too many women add their extensions post cut; this is when extensions are most visible – we want to avoid this!
- It is most important that your own hair is in the best possible health before adding extensions. Leading up to your wedding day try to take as much care as possible of your hair and not damage it.
- Hair quality is so important! It’s your wedding day and you want to ensure everything about you is flawless – including your hair! With extensions we highly suggest using Remy hair. Remy hair means the hair was cut and gathered with all the hair follicles falling in the same direction. This will ensure the most natural and best placement for extensions as the hair is real and bonded to your hair as if it was your own! Poor quality hair will be stiff and dry and won’t allow you to have that flawless hairstyle you’re going for on the big day.
- If you decide to have your extensions put in before the wedding – make sure to swap your pillowcase for silk. It works wonders for keeping your hair looking perfect from bedtime to morning!
- Heat is your hair’s worst enemy – make sure to stay clear of hairdryers and flat irons! Let your hair dry naturally – especially the day before the wedding.
Thanks to Melissa for sharing these tips on wedding hair extensions! Next time Melissa will tell us more about clip-ins and baby bangs!
Doll Bar Inc. is a Toronto-based salon dedicated exclusively to hair extensions. The concept-salon, which officially opened its doors in June 2011, is the first of its kind in North America. The concept behind Doll Bar is to focus on one thing and to do it well, while providing clients with all the perks of a traditional salon experience. Located in the trendy Queen Street West neighborhood, Doll Bar is not your typical salon; with an electric all white interior, clients sit around a large white bar in the middle of the room in a communal inspired layout.